Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forgot to include where I studied abroad in "all educational institutions attended" section

I've applied to 4 schools already, and forgot to list the university where I studied abroad. I wasn't trying to avoid it - it's in my resume that I submitted, and my transcript from my home university where I graduated also reflects that semester, but I just forgot to list it in that section. Per LSAC guidelines, I don't have to submit a transcript from the study abroad university so I guess in my head I was thinking that I shouldn't list it. Should I send an addendum to the law schools I've already applied to? If so, does anyone have suggestions on how to do it? I'm already planning on sending them an updated resume in Jan. when I start a new job and I don't want this to reflect more poorly on me than it already does.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I’d call each admission office and ask them the best way to handle it. They might each have their own process. Some might even just say it’s ok since it’s included on your transcripts and resumes.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It might be as easy as just sending admissions an email with the information you want to add to your school list. My mailing address changed during the application process so I had to email a few schools my new info and they updated their files. Could be as simple as that. But I’d call them to find out the best way to handle it.

• ksdenosksdenos Alum Member
    102 karma

I also didn't include them! I was still a student at my home university while I was abroad and my coursework appears on that transcript. Both of my study abroad programs were at "centers" sponsored through my home university not other schools, so while they are on my transcript and resume, I left them out of the institutions attended. Considering calling the offices now, but I think it should be okay.

• kragdar2000kragdar2000 Alum Member
    44 karma

@"Leah M B" @ksdenos Thank you so much! I'm going to call the schools on Wednesday. I finished applications and also realized I left off an internship on my work experiences (but it is on my resume and also mentioned in my personal statement, ugh) for 2 schools so I'll be asking them about that too. I'll post what they say about the study abroad institution.