Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On RC: How certain do you usually feel about your answers to the questions?

lackofimaginationlackofimagination Alum Member
edited January 2019 in Reading Comprehension 74 karma

Hi all!

I have some questions pertaining to RC and would greatly appreciate any thoughts from you! In my cold diagnostic, I got about 5 wrong; after almost 6 months of studying, however, I still got the same amount of questions wrong. At this point, since I have been practicing the memory method/paragraph summary and passage structure for a while, I can get most of the facts straight from the passage. Yet still I make (often stupid) mistakes - for the ones that I didn't get right the first take, a majority of them have answers that are now so obviously right that I just want to travel back in time, grab me at my shoulders and shout "what the hell is wrong with you to choose anything but the right answer!" Is this something that you might have encountered too?

Also on the level of certainty of picked answers on RC. I seldom feel fully confident about my choices; I might be able to explain why I chose certain ACs during review, but in a time-constraint PT, I am almost always guided by a mysterious force called "that feels right."

All kinds of suggestion on RC would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much in advance!