Need Advice - Full Time Job with 6 months for Ultimate+

cmvbear9cmvbear9 Core Member
in General 10 karma

Hi all! :)

I'm new to 7Sage and wanted to get some advice from all of you. I purchased the Ultimate+ package with 6 months out to my LSAT date (July 2019). The Study Schedule generator produced a pretty intense schedule with roughly 32 hours/week of studying. When I adjusted the generator to produce a 25 hours/week schedule, it pushed out the end date to September 2019. I work full time (with some flexibility), so I'm trying to be more realistic with my schedule and study for about 20-25 hours a week.

Any advice on lessening the hour commitment per week but still getting quality content? Any advice in general for folks working full time jobs while studying? Has anyone here taken the Ultimate+ package with 6 months out until the exam.

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited January 2019 3652 karma

I wouldn’t worry about abiding by the schedule, it wasn’t really helpful for me at all. The schedule includes taking every single PT and I’m not sure if it leaves a realistic amount of time for Blind review, foolproofing the logic games, or for days off. It also includes random sets of LR ie every single LR question from PT 40-60 and I don’t think anyone does that. I think I finished the curriculum within 3-4 months while working full time and I went thru it really slow. Then I PT’d for 2-3 months and took 10 or so tests. I ended up 2 points below my target score on the July lsat but I didn’t want to retake.

TL;dr the schedule doesn’t matter and includes hours of things you won’t need to do. 6 months is feasible although you may need more time just for PTing to get to your target score.

• 71 karma

I had the same thought in regards to the schedule generator when I first signed up June/July prepper as well. I created my own study schedule based around my needs/work/life and just commit to it. All while knowing as you get closer to test day you will be investing more time I currently study 5 days a week for 3 hr each day. This works well for me as I am understanding the concepts pretty well and making good progress through the core curriculum. From what I have been reading not rushing through the core curriculum is important and even a must. So I am taking my time to make sure I really understand everything before getting into prep tests and br. Listen to the 7sage podcasts on soundcloud this helped me with some study schedules and also LSAT prep. My biggest take away was what would you rather have a 167 on your July test date or a 170 at the September one. Create a schedule but also be flexible with it and dont be afraid to push the test back if it means more studying and getting better results. Some of the top scorers on here/podcasts took the LSAT 2--4 times before hitting a really great score.