Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March LSAT worth it?

jabdi003jabdi003 Alum Member

Hello Everyone!

Im facing a dilemma. So I have applied to schools and hoped that the November LSAT would have been my final exam. It didn’t work out that way and I am unable to take the January test. The March is LSAT is my only option, I’m not necessarily taking it for admission, I am retaking it for scholarship reconsideration. Do you guys think this is too late in the cycle? I’ve noticed many schools are requiring that the deposit be made prior to the current April 19th score relseae date. Any advice is appreciated!

(I am unable to take it and apply next cycle - next cycle is not an option for multiple reasons)

Thanks!

Comments

• joseluisglezjoseluisglez Alum Member
    18 karma

I don't know about scholarships, but it can help getting off some waitlists if there's improvement. I applied to schools and plan on retaking in March as well.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

I would encourage you to try for the March LSAT but only if you are fairly confident you will improve your score. If you are able to post a higher score and you are already admitted somewhere, the higher score may be helpful in scholarship or WL conversations but only if the particular school has room in the class and has not exhausted their scholarship by that point. If your new score is lower than your original score, and you are already admitted to a program, it won’t negatively affect your status. If you are on the WL and you post a lower March result, it may have a negative effect on your chances of getting admitted off the WL. Good luck!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I would caution you only that if you have pending applications, some schools will automatically hold them until you receive the LSAT score (they can see if you are registered). So, you may want to contact any schools you are pending at to see what their policy is. Most will let you apply with your current score, but you will have to contact them to specifically say that. I tried a similar thing last year with the January LSAT, but one school was strict on their policy of not reviewing your application until all LSAT scores are received. I ended up withdrawing from the test in order to have my app considered.

I don't think it's too late. You may even be able to negotiate scholarship money after putting down a deposit. As schools learn which students deposit and which withdraw, sometimes money is freed up. A higher LSAT could only help.