Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Splitting the Game Board in Fool Proofing

Wesley-BWesley-B Alum Member
edited January 2019 in Logic Games 172 karma

Hey everyone-
I am going through the core curriculum for the second time (a year apart) and had an idea I'm playing with and think is helpful.

I started fool proofing both solving the game completely (as JY often does in his video) and never splitting the board. I realized that when under time pressure, I may not see all of the inferences that lead to a full and complete solve, but I still need to find the correct answers in a timely manner.

For an idea of how this looks from a process standpoint:
* Logic game, timed/raw
* Check answers and watch JY's video
* Do logic game again until I can find all of the inferences and answer all of the questions correctly
* If I was not able to split the game board effectively on my first time through, do the logic game again but test my ability to find the correct answers without the help of a fully solved game board.
*Repeat until I can answer all of the questions correctly and well under time without the fully solved game board.

After doing this, I felt there was another skill set being developed and felt less flat footed going into games if I couldn't fully solve a game board.

I am going to provide these caveats...
* Solving the game board completely almost always makes answering the questions easier.
* Solving the game board completely almost always makes it more likely your answer is correct.
* Solving the game board completely almost always is faster.

What do you guys think? Anyone else experiment with doing this?