Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MBT Question

simple_jacksimple_jack Alum Member

Ok, so I just got done doing the CC on MBT questions and had a few questions...

1. The AC can be derived from any conditional from within the stimulus, correct?

2. Would it be wise to ignore any signs of argumentation in these and strictly diagram them?

3. Is conditional logic alone sufficient for solving all of these problems?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma
    1. No, conditional logic alone is not sufficient to solve all MBT questions. A MBT answer choice can also come from: one single detail in passing or an answer choice that functions like a main conclusion/general summation of what we just read as well as a possible combination of two non-conditional statements.

2. My recommendation would be to at least take note of anything stated in the stimulus, the rule I go by is that all parts of the stimulus are indeed fair game when it comes to answer choices. If the argument is structured in a A--->B---->C----D (valid argument form #3) form, the MBT will probably come from the A---->D link in that conditional chain.

1.This is certainly possible.

I hope this helps
    David

• simple_jacksimple_jack Alum Member
    284 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    3. No, conditional logic alone is not sufficient to solve all MBT questions. A MBT answer choice can also come from: one single detail in passing or an answer choice that functions like a main conclusion/general summation of what we just read as well as a possible combination of two non-conditional statements.

1. My recommendation would be to at least take note of anything stated in the stimulus, the rule I go by is that all parts of the stimulus are indeed fair game when it comes to answer choices. If the argument is structured in a A--->B---->C----D (valid argument form #3) form, the MBT will probably come from the A---->D link in that conditional chain.

1.This is certainly possible.

I hope this helps
    David

Thanks 🤙🏻