Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June/July Registration

ilovethelsatilovethelsat Member
in General 348 karma

Hi,

I just found out registration is now open for the June and July exams. I'm wondering if this means the spots will fill up faster...it's kind of risky if I register this early because I can't get a refund if we get closer to the test and I realize that I'd rather take it in March or September. What are the chances of the June/July spots filling up sooner than usual?

Thanks!

Comments

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

I can't say definitively, but I've heard of July spots filling quickly due to the "transition bonus"... better safe than sorry.

• david.i.castanedadavid.i.castaneda Alum Member
    12 karma

Hi @mjmonte17. Can you elaborate more on the "transition bonus"? I find it hard to believe that LSAC ,who is notorious for their strict test-administration policies, could entertain said bonus.

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

By “transition bonus” I mean the benefit of being able to see July’s score and still have the option to cancel.

• david.i.castanedadavid.i.castaneda Alum Member
    12 karma

@mjmonte17 I see what you mean. However, perhaps calling it a "bonus" may be a bit of a stretch considering the widely held opinion of law schools not wanting to see many cancels on a student's records

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

"Because law school candidates in the current testing year will have anticipated the current paper-and-pencil test format, LSAC has scheduled the transition to begin with the July 15, 2019 test, after this year’s law school admission cycle is largely completed. At the July 2019 test, some test takers will be assigned pencil-and-paper tests, and some will be assigned digital tests, which is a best practice under educational testing standards for moving to a new testing method.

To ease the transition, LSAC is also offering July test takers a special option: regardless of format, July test takers will have the opportunity to see their score before they decide whether they wish to cancel it. Those who decide to cancel can choose to retake the test again through April 2020 free of charge."

https://www.lsac.org/about/news/lsac-announces-digital-lsat-launch-schedule

It's a big enough benefit that it outweighs a lot of the downs. Don't like your score? Cancel and get a freebie. Like your score? Done and you should know sooner. I can't imagine schools would be surprised to see cancellations on this test, considering it's the first introduction of the digital format that they will use going forward.