Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March or June... or Both?

Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
in General 2186 karma

Should I even bother taking March? Or is it smarter to focus on June/July? I've already got one take under my belt and I know taking the test before you're ready isn't ideal. Should I be aiming for March if I'm totally comfortable studying until June? I know the unlimited takes rule is a thing now but I certainly don't have unlimited funds to shell out for these takes.

Comments

• RosenkranzRosenkranz Alum Member
    105 karma

How much time do you have before your desired or a later acceptable admissions cycle?

I will be doing March and June in the full understanding that I might not reach my full potential on the test by either date.

I'd say it depends on your circumstances entirely.

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

I'm also signed up for both, but will cancel March if I don't feel like I'm within shooting range of my target mid-Feb. Commenting to see if anyone else is in a similar situation and follow this post haha

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@Rosenkranz said:
    How much time do you have before your desired or a later acceptable admissions cycle?

I will be doing March and June in the full understanding that I might not reach my full potential on the test by either date.

I'd say it depends on your circumstances entirely.

I'm trying to apply suuuper early in the next cycle. So like September. Only issue is i'm considering the paper/digital switch. I think it may not affect my score but who knows.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@BlindReviewer said:
    I'm also signed up for both, but will cancel March if I don't feel like I'm within shooting range of my target mid-Feb. Commenting to see if anyone else is in a similar situation and follow this post haha

I was thinking the same but the only thing causing me to second guess myself there is the limited amount of paper tests left. I know the test is going digital in July so I figured March and June are the only paper tests we'll have left. Perhaps I'm wrong to assume the format will impact my score but I'm trying to avoid any surprises if I can.

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

I took January as a trial run for March, June, and July. Hopefully I can stop after January, but I’m prepared to take the test 4 times if need be (Jan,March,June,July). I want to be done before the digital switch and apply as early as possible. I know it isn’t ideal to take it before you are ready, but I’m making a compromise in the name of sticking to my timeline.

I know signing up for the test is expensive, but it could be worth it if you obtain scholarship funds based off a higher score.

• 246 karma

There is little reason to take March if you are planning on applying next cycle unless you are completely ready. A low score still hurts you and why would you want to put yourself through an LSAT you are unprepared for when you have tons of time? Trust me try to prepare for one test like it will be the only test you sit for and just take comfort knowing that you can always retake if things don’t go well. Going into a test expecting to retake is probably not a great idea.