Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or Not to Cancel

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited December 2014 in General 2074 karma
Okay. I have been studying lightly from end of May to August. I then studied everyday from August till the December exam. I work full time, so I studied mostly in the morning, on my lunch break, and in the evening.

I was averaging about a 160 before going into the LSAT. My logic games were always in the range of 0 - -3 wrong, so usually the LG brought my mark up quite a bit.
Now that's been a week I'm not sure. I guessed on the entire 4th game. I had an experimental Reading Comp, which, with RC, I average a -8, but the experimental somehow... brought my confidence up. I did every question, understood the passages, it was great! I did the LR, which I usually get -5 ish wrong, but that too felt pretty good. I answered all of them.
For the real RC, I remember the last passage being a bit hard, but I did push through and finish all of them. Same with the last LR.

What I'm wondering... now that I sit here.
I know that my application is not the strongest, but they do offer admissions to people with my GPA, and with my corresponding LSAT average. However, with that LG, I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to keep my score.... or not. I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, and I want to go to the UofA, but they average all LSAT scores. They're the only school I applied to that does that.

Would it be smarter for me to cancel my score now, instead of having a .... say... 154 show up on my LSAT score? Nothing significant happened to me during my test where I feel sufficient to write an addendum.... but could I? Say I retake for the June for the next cycle, and I pull out a 170. I wouldn't want them to average my score....? You know what I mean?

Anyone who could help shed some light would be appreciated. I'm feeling a bit blue about the exam, now that a week has passed.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    there are plenty of times where people think they bombed to find out they actually did better than their avg... unless you feel like you got absolutely killed I would prob keep the score. unless you are going to Yale, your scores wont get averaged really. Schools only need to report the highest LSAT which is used for the rankings which is what they care about for the most part
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    but my school specifically says "if you take more then 1 LSAT score, your scores will be averaged"
    2074 karma
    I guess what I'm most wondering. If I end up doing worse then I feel that I did, can I write an addendum later on saying... you should only consider my most recent June 2015 LSAT mark of 170, which is more representative of my ability then my 154.... back in December 2014.
    2654 karma
    Im curious as to what school you're looking at. I have really only heard of 2 schools which actually do avg
    2074 karma
    University of Alberta in Edmonton
    2654 karma
    well ya got me there, I know nothing of Canadian schools lol sorry :/ It is possible they dont put too much weight on the lower score(s) and say that to look better but i got no clue
  • synergy_101synergy_101 Alum Member
    edited December 2014 180 karma
    If you think you did poorly (~154) and don't mind sitting out until next cycle to have a better chance to increase your score, then yeah you should cancel. I think UofA and UofC both average multiple LSAT scores. Just my 2 cents and I'm also applying to UofA. You prolly already know this but if your last 2 years are significantly stronger than the first 2, then schools like UofS, Dal etc. will look at that over your cGPA