Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

struggling with 4 star Necessary assumption questions

CourtneyMayCourtneyMay Alum Member

Hi guys!

So Ive noticed that after taking practiced LR sections, that 4 star necessary assumptions are one of my weaknesses. I was wondering if someone else had encountered this issue and how or what solution they took to correct it?

Comments

• aleland13aleland13 Alum Member
    158 karma

@CourtneyMay said:
    Hi guys!

So Ive noticed that after taking practiced LR sections, that 4 star necessary assumptions are one of my weaknesses. I was wondering if someone else had encountered this issue and how or what solution they took to correct it?

Yes, totally struggled with this. I went back to the CC to review NA, throughly reviewed every single NA question that I’ve seen in my old PTs, seeing what was attractive about the wrong answer choices, and did NA drills. I get these questions right now most of the time, but they still stump me every now and then so I make sure to slow down and pay extra attention when I get to one of them in a PT

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I struggled with this too, but I think my issue was more that I would end up choosing SA rather than the NA. The SA would just make it way too strong, rather than the NA which may be weaker, but completely necessary or it will be destroyed without it. I tried using the negating strategy more often, but sometimes I would just try to read and truly absorb the stimulus. I didn't want to be overthinking each answer choice. Blind review helps sooooooo much, which I knew, but wasn't doing effectively before. It's so important to sit down and actually know WHY the other answers were wrong, rather than just "oh it's irrelevant." I hope that helps and feel free to message me if you need any more help :smile: