Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statements

James RayJames Ray Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 186 karma
Hi all!

I am a professional writer with many publications under my belt. For years now I have helped many individuals gain acceptance to the undergraduate and graduate schools of their choice. If you are having issues with your personal statement, need editing, polishing, planning, or writing assistance, feel free to message me here on 7Sage with your name and email address. I have been very successful with this. Please note, I will NOT write a personal statement for you, but I can help you craft something that make you stand out.

Good Luck!

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Wow, thanks! I'll remember this :) if I ever need it!
  • Vriver01Vriver01 Alum Member
    60 karma
    thanks James Ray!
  • Nick LucianoNick Luciano Alum Member
    edited December 2014 12 karma
    thank you!
  • pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    Messaged!
  • James RayJames Ray Alum Member
    186 karma
    Hi PJ,

Send me your email address!

Cheers,

James
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Roya

Royaimani@hotmail.com

Do you charge??
  • craig_yuancraig_yuan Alum Member
    33 karma
    ^This
  • pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    Yeah he does
    186 karma
    Hi everyone, yes I do charge for my time, but if you are unsatisfied with what you got for your money, don't pay me! I write and tutor for a living, so it's not free, but there is no real risk either. I'm also happy to take a quick look at anyone's statement and let them know if I think they actually need my services, free of charge.

All the best
    186 karma
    Hi All,

Someone messaged me asking for help with personal statement topics. This was my response:

Choosing a topic for a personal statement is never easy or simple. Because each of us are unique, I cannot tell you what your topic should be, because the point of the statement is not the topic at all. The point is to show the admissions committee something of yourself and make them yearn for more. They should read your statement and think, "this is a person I want to take to lunch. This is someone I want to know." This needs to be your goal. Your task is to find a way to do this concisely, and professionally.

A few pieces of good advice:
    1. Skip the gimmicks. They don't want a rap, a poem, a short story, a phony obituary of your life as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, or any of that nonsense. Be yourself. That's what you need them to want. Sincerity will win out.
    2. Exclude uses of the the words "very," "extremely," "super," or any other such modifiers. They are words for people who cannot find the best word to fit.

If anyone is interested in help with their personal statement, shoot me a private message with your email address.

All the best

James
  • SnowballSnowball Member
    111 karma
    Does anyone find this helpful?
  • shinny117shinny117 Alum Member
    69 karma
    @jamesray how much do you charge?
    186 karma
    Hi all,

Someone just asked me my thoughts on school specific personal statements. My reply is below.

In general I think it is ill-advised. Here is why:
    1. You need to put a lot of effort into crafting a personal statement that captures your audience. Splitting your time to try and make something that addresses one specific school is a distraction
    2. A personal statement is an exposition of self. Exactly how would that change because you are applying to a different school? It is my belief that sincerity wins out when it comes to personal statements. Pandering to one school or another will obscure that sincerity. Just don't do it.
    3. Unless a school specifically asks for it, I don't think its necessary at all and with so much to do for applications, why add to it? If you are in doubt, contact the admissions office and ask after their preference.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

James
    186 karma
    Shinny,

For basic editing pricing starts at $59. If you want help to build your personal statement from the ground up it costs $199. Those are the lower and upper limits of my charges. I also have a 100% guarantee. If you are unsatisfied, you will be refunded 100% of your money.
  • mbphippsmbphipps Member
    2 karma
    Thanks James! I will be in touch!