Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warm-up packet?

2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
in General 1810 karma

Hey, Sagers! I tend to struggle in the early stages of section 1 of any PT, regardless of what it is. Who has a warm-up strategy for practice, and, most importantly for Test Day? When I took the test in November I was woefully unprepared in terms of warm-up. I reviewed a test the night before (BAD), and in the morning I actually sat in the waiting area being stumped by a nearly impossible game I had never seen before. I don't recommend that. I've heard that having a small pack of easy LR ?s and a game you HAVE done before and feel good about is a plan. I've also heard that people use the question bank feature on here to especially select easy questions and print them out all together in the same little packet. When someone who's hip to this has time, could you pretty please lay it out a plan for me? I want to have a cool warm-up packet, the coolest one ever, ready for my successful second go on June 3. THANK YOU in advance.

Comments

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2804 karma

Hey!! I like to do 3-4 of the first questions from an LR section that I have destroyed in the past. Knowing you killed the section and these questions before helps you remember a time when you succeeded and creates some positive momentum headed into the test.

For LG I like to do a game that I struggled with in the past but drilled the hell out of to the point where I mastered it. The purpose of this is that I get to be reacquainted with a game that initially was tough but I was able to succeed and now the game is child's play.

Whatever you do the purpose of warm ups is to give you a little bit of swagger walking into the testing center and getting your LSAT neurons firing up a bit.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

I just did the first ten questions of a random PT. That got my brain going in LR mode.

also did about 5-10 sequencing games as those are my achilles heel. The morning of.

I think it worked!