Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2019 vs. July 2019 [ADVICE]

LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
edited April 2019 in General 500 karma

Hi everyone,

I am currently registered for the June 2019 LSAT but with the exam date approaching, I have realized that my goal of improving 20 points (at least) from my diagnostic of 145 is unrealistic. I will be able to study full time starting next week (35-40hrs/week) and I am wondering if anyone has made a 20 point improvement from their diagnostic in 3 months? I will have around 3 months to study for the LSAT in I change to the July date, is my goal realistic? What about the June date? Also just provide you a little context, I am not going to have any other commitments in the next few months but to study for the LSAT and I would need 166+ (168 to be guaranteed a spot at my dream school).

Also, how helpful have the PT video explanations have been in your LSAT study. I have all the PTs from a different course which did not go as planned, and I am wondering if the 7 sage starter package is sufficient? I am just planning to use the core lessons to build a stronger foundation.

Also how does one make sure they do not burn out for studying over 3 months?

Thank you so much!!

Comments

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

Hi --- I've never studied full time for that long before, so I can't be sure, but I think depending on how fast you learn it would definitely be possible to make it to around 165 in 3 months of full time studying. The starter package is sufficient only if you have access to all the prep tests (otherwise Ultimate + is definitely the best deal you'll find). You should definitely bank most of your time on improving Logic Games to get that down as much as possible as those are the "easier" points, before focusing more on LR since there are two sections. That isn't to say you should neglect RC, but I think most people prioritize the sections this way to maximize efficiency.

As for burnout: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/3598/burnout-and-you

The main thing is to definitely put in the work as you would for a 9-5 job, but then have some space to decompress. Take days or nights off regularly, and realize when you're not going to be productive because you've already spent the day doing so much. I think burnout can be more a state of mind than how much tangible work you're putting in -- things like anxiety over the test, other things going on in your life, etc. A big thing might also be that you should be efficient in your studying (airplane mode for your phone, dedicate the same time everyday) so that you can then be justified in taking your time off. If you procrastinate then the study period drags on and you get more burnt out.

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@BlindReviewer said:
    ...I think burnout can be more a state of mind than how much tangible work you're putting in -- things like anxiety over the test, other things going on in your life, etc...

Agreed - this is a good point.

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    500 karma

Thank you for the advice! I think treating the LSAT as a 9-5 job would give me enough time to learn and practice the skills and skill manage to balance studying with other activities.