Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind review on answer sheet

Tori SheberTori Sheber Member
in General 77 karma

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is super important in the grand scheme of things, but I'm wondering if I should be inputting all my BR answers when completing a practice test. I've just been adding the BR questions that are different than my original answer, but would it be more accurate in my "BR Score" to list all my BR answers even if they match my original answer? Does that change anything in the analytics in terms of knowing which ones I'm confident on or something?

Thank you!

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I don't think it changes anything in the analytics because I don't put in the BR answers for the questions that match my original answer already. It automatically counts them I believe.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited April 2019 14061 karma

@"Tori Sheber" Hey good question!

You should input BR answers even if it's the same. This is because you want to capture the distinction between these two cases.

Scenario 1
    Timed run you chose (A) but you know you're unsure and want to BR.
    BR you chose (A) again but do not record/input the answer.

Turns out (A) is wrong. Because you have no BR answer, Analytics doesn't know that you BRed this question. It will flag it as an over-confidence error. Over-confidence errors are ones where usually you either misread something or the LSAC engineered a perfect psychological trap for you. But in reality, you weren't over-confident at all. You knew you were in trouble and that's why you BRed.

Scenario 2
    Timed run you chose (A) but you know you're unsure and want to BR.
    BR you chose (A) again but do record/input the answer.

Turns out (A) is wrong. Because you have a BR answer recorded, Analytics will not see this as a over-confidence error. This would be classified as a type of question you really don't understand (as evidenced by the fact that even with unlimited time during BR you still missed it.) This then is the kind of question that in the short term, you should identify for skipping. Over the long term, try to improve.