Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After weeks of NA drills, new problem surfaced...

I’ve been focusing on NA/SA questions for the last two weeks, and took another PT,
Only to get an exactly same score:)
I’m happy with getting all NA/SA questions right, but now I’m getting flaw questions wrong.
Accuracy dropped to 43%.
I know I’ll work on flaw questions, but is there something I’m missing? Should I work on different types of questions while working on my weaknesses? Could there possibly be a correlation in learning more things about NA types that makes me weaker with flaw questions? It felt somehow harder to predict flaw question answers during the most recent PT.

Comments

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I don't think practicing NA would hurt flaw reasoning. In an NA question type there is an argument, and there's one in flaw. I haven't given it too much thought, but I don't think the stimuli would necessarily be all that different. One thing with flaw is that the assumption or fallacy is the point behind the question, so that's emphasized (when you get good at noticing the patterns of flaw questions, they become so easy. The fallacy jumps out at you). It's totally possible you just got some hard flaw questions on your most recent PT.

If you're early on in your practice, it's probably a good idea to focus on weaknesses. There's a lot to learn for this test and as long as your practicing and learning, you're probably in a good place.