Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clarification of The New Problem Sets

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited June 2015 in General 12637 karma
Since everyone is a bit confused, I'm making this thread. (I've copy/pasted this on threads that it's related to, so that may be why you might see this several times). Here's an explanation of what's going on in short form:

-We are recreating the Problem Sets.
-You can still access the old problem sets here: http://7sage.com/lesson/old-problem-sets/
-No, you don't have to go back and complete the new problem sets we added. They are similar to the old one.
-If you've started with the old Problem Sets, you can continue with the old Problem Sets. That's not to say you can't look at the new Problem Sets / complete the new ones. Feel free. Just letting you know you might see repeated material amongst the new stuff.

I also want to clarify that no one is losing content in their existing package. You still have access to all the same Problem Sets you had when you signed up here:
http://7sage.com/lesson/old-problem-sets/

More info in this thread:
http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/18273
@"Alan Cheuk" said:
The problem sets are new (and packaged better), and some of it is old. @Pacifico is right on the button that we are going through PT 17-35 to extract the questions in a more systematic way. Before we had a loose selection of questions from PT 10-35 making up the problem sets.

The old problem sets were created without LSAT Analytics data, but now that we have information available, the new problem sets will use pretty much every question from PT 17-35 (way more questions than before). They also slowly ramp up in difficulty, so the early problem sets are the easiest ones, and then you slowly get to the harder ones.

Right now for the new problem sets Premium students get easy problem sets, Ultimate students get the easy and medium problem sets, and a TBA course level will get the easy medium and hard problem sets. The new problem sets also incorporate the LSAT Analytics data to make reviewing your answers easier.

Existing students get to keep access to the old problem sets (under "Old Problem Sets"), and get access to new problem sets if Premium or higher level. There is overlap between the old and new problem sets, so if you try both, you will see repeats.

We are still in the process of migrating. We've got the LR ones pretty much done, but are still working on RC and LG.

@Pacifico noticed a bug where Analytics wasn't linking to explanations (http://7sage.com/forums/discussion/3052/site-changes#latest). That's not a change but a mistake (sorry!). I'm working on it :)

I hope this helps clear things up!

Comments

• 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    It kind of sucks that ultimate students only get access to the easy and medium problem sets under the new problem set system (hard is excluded). You would think Ultimate would be all encompassing.
  • MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    edited June 2015 368 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" , Once we have PTs 17 - 35, how are we to group questions based on the drilling sets? Are we to flip back and forth between tests? I am concerned this is going to be very time consuming. I also purchased the LSAT Ultimate, does that grant me access to the harder questions?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Mitzyyyy As far as time consuming is concerned: for many months of intense prep before I got 7sage, I would go through drill sets (as assigned by the LSAT Trainer schedules) and use neon stickies to mark the questions included.

It's not that big of a deal. I would simply prepare the next day's drill sets while chillin' following that night's study session. Kinda get into a nice routine that way.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    Quick Q. Did people who signed up for the Ultimate package loose a few of the harder problem sets they had in the past?
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Hey @nicole.hopkins, quick question: you mentioned you flipped through your tests and marked questions for each drill set, but where did you get a categorization of the all the problems from prep tests 1-34ish?

Thanks for your help!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @alejoroarios we don't lose anything we had, all those problem sets are in the "Old Problem Sets" section at the end of the curriculum portion of the syllabus just before the PTs start. What we aren't getting is the hard questions in the new problem sets, some of which are surely overlap while some would be new. Imagine that Ultimate package users used to have say 50% of all LR questions from PTs 10-35 in our problem sets and lessons. Now since they are extracting more material, perhaps they will be putting up something like 90+% of LR questions from PTs 17-35 in the new problem sets, and we have all but the hardest questions from those new sets. We are still getting more new stuff since the new problem sets will include old and new questions for ultimate users and thus can be used for extra drilling by those that need it.

@coreyjanson the LSAT Trainer has a great breakdown of categorization, and I think that's where @nicole.hopkins got hers from.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    @pacifico sweet, thanks for the clarification!
    7965 karma
    @coreyjanson said:
    but where did you get a categorization of the all the problems from prep tests 1-34ish?
    I only drilled from 29 and up in those days. I would have to dig a bit for 1-28. Something I'll consider doing once I'm done with the LSAT and in tutor mode (God willing).
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Updated it to include that you're not losing anything since everyone is a little confused.
  • olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
    235 karma
    Do we have to click "next" 128x to get to the last old prob set? I assume I'm missing something...
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just go to the syllabus page and check off whatever you have finished or don't want to pop up as your next lesson. If you want to go back then just mark those with a star to revisit them. But if you just want to go do the old problem sets then just scroll down to the bottom of the curriculum portion of the syllabus and you'll find all the old problem sets there right before the PTs start.
  • olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
    235 karma
    Thanks.
  • xqr1s4f3edxqr1s4f3ed Alum Member
    118 karma
    The problems with this (for those who started before the curriculum change) are that:

1) We have to switch constantly between Lessons and Old Problem Sets, instead of moving linearly through the subject matter

2) The completed Old Problem Sets no longer count against the overall course (the percentage doesn't change), meaning I have no way of telling whether I am scheduled to complete on time.

Solution: those who started 7Sage before the switch should retain their full curriculum list without having the new problem sets inserted. Users should be able to switch between whichever curriculum they prefer, either of which would have correct course-completed statistics up top. Merely adding the Old Problem Sets as a huge list is not helpful.

7Sage was attractive because it was efficient. This is not efficient. I just spent two hours screen-shotting "Questions as Videos" into my own PDFs, then giving up after scanning the new problem set list and realizing I was going to spend dozens of hours just prepping materials instead of using the PDFs I already paid for. (I don't have hard copies of the tests, only the 7Sage PDFs I purchased before the license expired)

Please fix.
  • DistanceRunnerDistanceRunner Alum Member
    20 karma
    I'm unable to get audio for the new problems sets. I am also unable to leave comments on the new problem set questions. Please help
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @DistanceRunner said:
    I'm unable to get audio for the new problems sets. I am also unable to leave comments on the new problem set questions. Please help
    If you're clicking "Question as video", there is no audio in those videos. If you're clicking "answers" and see a video but no audio, please link me to the page where that's occurring. Can you also show me which PSets you can't leave comments under?
  • adjustingadjusting Alum Member
    3 karma
    Have the "Old Problem Sets" now been removed from the syllabus? Did I miss an update on this happening?
    7965 karma
    @adjusting said:
    Have the "Old Problem Sets" now been removed from the syllabus? Did I miss an update on this happening?
    You can switch back to them by navigating to your "Settings" page.
This discussion has been closed.