NYU - Still haven't heard back

sarahwylie01sarahwylie01 Alum Member

Hi All! I've heard back from all my schools except for NYU. I'm pretty sure which school I'll be committing to, but wondering if I should check in with NYU or just wait it out? I wasn't expecting to still be waiting in May! Applied early January.

If anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear them :) Thanks!

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

It would be fine for you to reach out to NYU with an email that is a variation of the regular LOCI, letting them know that you are still very interested in attending their program. Is it your top choice and would you be willing to withdraw your application from all other schools where you have received admission or are on the waitlist? If so, you could let them know that. Second, mention 2-3 NYU program-specific things that greatly interest you. Make sure they are not generic items that could apply to any other school. Show that you made an effort to learn about NYU in particular. Lastly, make a statement about what you would be bringing to the NYU community if you were admitted. Look at your resume/application and pull out your strongest 1-2 qualities. It could be that you are a leader with experience from some ECA. Or maybe you have visited/worked in other countries and can bring a different perspective to legal issues. Keep the email short (3 concise paragraphs), clear, professional, and to the point. Quietly waiting at this point isn't going to draw attention to your application in any positive way. Good luck!

• Madssssss L.Madssssss L. Alum Member
    124 karma

Is NYU known for responding late to applicants? I've heard this rumour, and curious as I'll be applying to them in the next round.
    Good luck!!