Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would anyone Help with Fool proofing method!

michelledoutlandmichelledoutland Alum Member
in General 16 karma

Hi! I'm struggling with the fool proof method! basically with how to actually start doing it, structure, and to get the benefits from it. etc.

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

There are a few variations on how to go about it, but I recommend searching for @Pacifico's guide.

Basically you print out a bunch of games and set a stopwatch on your first try. Once you've made your best attempt, try to figure it out or see if there are other worlds/split options you could have used more effectively. Then watch the video explanation, and make note of your time vs. target time, accuracy, or just if it felt easy/hard. Immediately redo the game timed, trying to make all the same inferences from the video explanation. Do the game again the next day. Do it again in a week. Recycle through games from PTs 1-35 and add in games from prep tests you've taken. Just do them over and over until you are really comfortable with all the game types, setting up different game boards, etc. By doing 150-200 different games multiple times you will start seeing inferences sooner, represent rules faster and more accurately, and you will generally feel more comfortable on fresh attempts of new games.

I printed one copy of the games and put them into sheet protectors with a big 3 ring binder. I just use an expo marker. As I take new PTs, I print an extra copy of the games and add them to my set. I think paper and pencil are better than expo marker, but I am able to do a full section of games timed and nothing erases. The boards and rules are a little bigger than my normal handwriting with a pencil, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.