Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Average Diagnostic Score

lvandusenlvandusen Member
in General 6 karma

I just finished the diagnostic PT in the syllabus and scored a 159. Because the measure of success on the LSAT is essentially how well did you do relative to all other test takers, I was wondering what the average score of this diagnostic test it? Does this information exist?

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Not sure you'll be able to find reliable information because, while many students on 7sage and many other students who are just beginning their prep use June 2007 as their diagnostic, there are many others who take the test after they've already begun their studies. A 159 is around the 77th percentile (on actual test day) so that is already pretty good. If you've done minimal prep so far you should be able to improve into the upper percentiles if you work really hard. Most people don't score in the 77th percentile on their first take with no prep obviously. Don't really worry about it anyway because you are starting from a really good place.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@lvandus
    One more note, since you are at the beginning of your prep. I recommend checking out the webinars in the resources tab and some of the early episodes with 170+ 7sagers on the 7sage podcast to really get a sense of the type of work and effort you should be putting into blind review and fool proofing logic games. You want to move through the CC at a comfortable pace so you are clear on the concepts, but the most difficult improvement comes through effective blind review. I suggest modeling your blind review habits after some of the 7sagers who have made 20+ point improvements.

• 246 karma

@lvandus said:
    I just finished the diagnostic PT in the syllabus and scored a 159. Because the measure of success on the LSAT is essentially how well did you do relative to all other test takers, I was wondering what the average score of this diagnostic test it? Does this information exist?

I doubt that there is any reliable actual data on this, but that is clearly a great diagnostic, you should definitely be shooting for a very high score. The average on the actual LSAT is about 151. I also think your section break down matters a lot on the diagnostic. You can improve in every area, but it is generally much easier to improve in Logic Games compared to RC. If LG happened to also be your worst section on that diagnostic, then I would say you are starting in a pretty phenomenal spot.