Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curbing test Anxiety

lauren.younglauren.young Member
in General 5 karma

So, I have been consistently testing at a pretty good score that I am happy with, however, when I start using the proctor feature or sit down to take a timed exam I freak out. My score definitely varies and I am worried on test day I will lose it. What is the best way to quickly bump up my score so I give myself some extra score padding for if/when I freak out.
Thanks.

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Try not to look at the clock too often. Maybe just keep an eye on it whenever you do a page turn. Focus on maintaining good momentum, skipping questions that stump you, and if you start losing it or your mind wanders take 5-10 seconds to close your eyes and breathe deeply.

No magic trick to quickly bump up your score other than continuing to work hard on improving your understanding of the test and developing good timing/skipping habits.

Try not to be score oriented. Your score on any 1 PT is going to be based in part on variance. Instead, focus on your BR score and improving your understanding of the test. Any PT I sit for my main focus is on maintaining good timing and momentum, not rushing, and not getting bogged down on any one question. When you care less about what your individual PT scores are, you feel less anxious and can focus on the questions.