Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

test

dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
edited November 2020 in Logical Reasoning 147 karma

test

Comments

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

I just registered for the July test for the same reasons (today is the registration deadline!). You have until June 16 to change the date of the test if needed. Following this thread to find out more about the cancelled score risk. I imagine they’ll start seeing many more cancellations with the move to digital.

• 246 karma

@bsonnenb said:

Hello. I plan to take the LSAT in October, but I know I can also take it in July and if I don't do well enough, take it without extra charge in October. I know I can also see the score before cancelling the July score. I'd like to take the July test because I want to get experience taking an LSAT under real conditions. However, I still have the fear (irrational or otherwise) that a candidate cancel will look bad. Should I take the July LSAT anyway, or does the risk of a cancel outweigh the benefits? Thanks

The generally accepted advice seems to be that schools don’t really care about one cancel. I think this is especially true for the July test because everyone is aware of the digital/paper mix. I wouldn’t advise you to take it if you are completely unprepared, but if you think there’s a shot that you could get lucky and hit your target score it might be worth it.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

I just listened to a webinar by a Harvard admissions rep who said that cancels don’t really matter unless you start adding them up and they get in to 3-4 range, and that people are expecting lots of cancels from the July test. Take the July- it’s the best opportunity for a risk-free test you’ll ever get.