Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#help with improving score

I am getting discouraged. I have been studying since January and did the CC really slow and in-depth so I could learn it better. Now I am taking preptests and reviewing only. My diagnostic score was 150. I have taken 3 other prep tests scoring: 156, 153, 154. I never know how to improve my score after taking the prep tests. I would really like to get high 150s and max 160 if possible. I'm taking the july LSAT.

I need tips for studying and how to improve. Also, the reality of if I can improve that much before july?

Comments

• PutABirdOnItPutABirdOnIt Member
    115 karma

Have you used the analytics feature? If you go in the Resources tab, you can go through the data from the tests you've taken and it will highlight the question types that are highest priority for studying. That can be a good place to start to at least figure out what you can focus on.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

The analytics feature is a good bet. I would also try to br with other people and see how they tackle questions.

Getting better at the lsat is all about understanding the questions better and how best to tackle them. The best test takers know just after reading the question stem what it is they have to do, how to read the stimulus most efficiently and what wrong answer choices and the right answer choices will tend to look like. If you're spending even one second thinking about what you're supposed to be doing during the test you are not yet efficient and it means you have more to learn. That's a good thing, that means you're score can only go up!

We have a good group going on right now on WhatsApp if you'd like to join. Lots of folks gearing up for the July lsat. Link to join is below

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HEr9S37YrIFBZNN6w4pFpZ

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited June 2019 27822 karma

What's your BR score? Right out of the CC--even if you've taken your time to really do it right--I wouldn't normally expect to see much more than what you're showing. It's your BR that's really the more important number right now. If that's solidly at or above where you want to be--ideally in the mid 160's for your target score--then the CC has done its job. Now you need to shift your focus to time management strategies to test more efficiently, get more return on your improved potential, and bridge the gap between your timed and BR scores.

• mariev22mariev22 Member
    57 karma

@"Cant Get Right" for the kind of practice that you list at the end of your post (time management strategies, improving return on potential, and closing gap b/w timed and BR scores) are there good posts/any other resources you'd recommend for this? (and apologies everyone, for going on a bit of a tangent)