Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaking the mid-160s plateau before July exam #help

AyahhhhhAyahhhhh Alum Member

Hey guys!

I am taking the July exam and have been scoring a 164 for the past several practice tests. Reading comp is my worst section, and I fluctuate between -8/-12. On logical reasoning I score between a -6/-8 on one section and a -2/-3 on the other. Thankfully, I have logic games under control. Any tips on how I can break the plateau and make the most out of the remaining month before the exam?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

Do you know the reason for the difference in your two LR section? That is a pretty big difference for it being the same section. If it is the first section LR that you struggle with then maybe you need to warm up LR pre-test. Do some LR problems before the test.

• sheila22sheila22 Alum Member
    64 karma

I have the same issue with my LR score.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

I broke the mid 160s hump by annotating the type of LR questions I was missing and then going over my old prep tests and working through those types. I wrote out a summary of the stimulus in my own words, then wrote out why each answer choice was either right or wrong. Took me from missing 5/6 a section to 1/3.

• AyahhhhhAyahhhhh Alum Member
    90 karma

@zacharytsmith26 said:
    Do you know the reason for the difference in your two LR section? That is a pretty big difference for it being the same section. If it is the first section LR that you struggle with then maybe you need to warm up LR pre-test. Do some LR problems before the test.

I always score better on the first LR section. Not sure why exactly, but it may be because I need to warm up! I will see how the warm ups help my score. Thanks!

• AyahhhhhAyahhhhh Alum Member
    90 karma

@DANIELHILLSHAFER said:
    I broke the mid 160s hump by annotating the type of LR questions I was missing and then going over my old prep tests and working through those types. I wrote out a summary of the stimulus in my own words, then wrote out why each answer choice was either right or wrong. Took me from missing 5/6 a section to 1/3.

Definitely trying out this approach today! Thank you!