Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal statement indicating specific school

nthomd35nthomd35 Alum Member

To provide some context: I'll be applying for this upcoming cycle (October 2019). I am currently working full time (medical research) at a job that would allow me to work flexible hours and attend law school part time. For this reason, I'm interested in one school in particular in my city that has a part time, evening program. I would love to continue to work while attending law school, and would be interested in transferring into a legal position at my current company or a similar institution.

Would it be beneficial to indicate my preference for this particular program? The school does not have an additional, 'Why Us?' essay.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Yes, definitely!

• RebeccaSJRebeccaSJ Member
    28 karma

I agree with Miss Chanandler. You mentioning this shows that you've placed plenty of thought into why you want to go into law school and why this particular program suits you best.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma

Yes! Check out this lesson: https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/research-why-x/

Use those tips to personalize the last paragraph of the essay. Demonstrated interest definitely makes it easier for the admissions office to say yes.

• nthomd35nthomd35 Alum Member
    15 karma

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies.