Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for full-time 8-hour study sessions for LSAT?

hurdlehopper101hurdlehopper101 Alum Member
edited June 2019 in General 102 karma

I am writing the exam in July and September. Based on my diagnostics, I am pretty average in all sections and LG is not as intuitive for me so I am currently foolproofing LG by type (as in drilling all games in PTs 1-9, 10-19..20-29 in order*). I am on week 2 of this studying regimen. I plan to transition to foolproofing PT section by PT section and then doing timed sections after registering and reinforcing inferences for each game type. I am currently doing 2 PTs worth every day but finding this to be difficult since I am averaging 5 Games past target time and/or not at 100% accuracy.

*- I am drilling like this:10 Seq, 5 In-Out, 8 Grouping etc. some of the miscellaneous games turned out to be the other general games in disguise that I previously foolproof but others are just super old LSAT games that may show up on recent LSATs in some form (give or take 5-7 games that I am not doing for every 9 games so far).

What I'm doing:

LG by Type X-X

Attempt Game

1st attempt Under Time and 100% accurate: Do game a month from now
If not, do it again that day, and then at the end of the week

2nd attempt Under Time and 100% Accurate same day: do game at the end of the week
2nd attempt NOT Under Time and/or 100% Accurate same day: watch JY's video, do that game same day, then repeat that game on the weekend

Weekend Day 1: 1st Attempt Under Time and 100% accurate: Review game 2 weeks later
Weekend Day 1: 1st Attempt NOT Under Time and 100% accurate: Watch video and do game again, and do it again next day of weekend

Weekend Day 2: 1st Attempt Under Time and 100% accurate: Review game 1 week later
Weekend Day 2: 1st Attempt NOT Under Time and 100% accurate: Do Game 2X the following week

So based on this information...

How many games per day would make my review optimal (currently doing about 8 right now, but slowing down)?
Any suggestions and/or tips for full-time studying in general?

I am taking the July exam but aiming to be most prepared for the September exam. I have the most potential to improve on LG games so I am foolproofing these until the July exam with maybe some LR and RC practice beforehand.