Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for taking the LSAT knowing I’m not ready

CoffeeEnthusiastCoffeeEnthusiast Alum Member
edited August 2019 in General 211 karma

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

I'd suggest you don't take the exam if you've done very little prep. If you've been planning to take the October LSAT, then you should just focus on that and try to kill the LSAT on your first shot. Also, in July there's a 50% chance you'd get a paper test, whereas you should be prepping for the digital test for October. No point in taking the exam if you aren't yet hitting your target score on PTs.

• CoffeeEnthusiastCoffeeEnthusiast Alum Member
    211 karma

@MIT_2017 said:
    I'd suggest you don't take the exam if you've done very little prep. If you've been planning to take the October LSAT, then you should just focus on that and try to kill the LSAT on your first shot. Also, in July there's a 50% chance you'd get a paper test, whereas you should be prepping for the digital test for October. No point in taking the exam if you aren't yet hitting your target score on PTs.

You're right that I am not hitting my target score (168-170) yet and that I've done very little prep since I only finished the CC and did 6 full PTs, but I really want to apply this Fall. 168-170 would likely get me the school I really want, but the 164~ my PTs are currently averaging at would get me into the other schools I would like to attend but aren't my first choice. Knowing I have a 160+ and can at least get into some schools I'm interested in would definitely be helpful as if I take the October test, I think I won't get my score until I get super close to the Nov 1st application deadline. (I'm in Canada and most Canadian schools' deadline is Nov 1st.)

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@chenyu_1995 did not realize you were set on applying this fall. Given that context, your plan seems to make more sense. Best of luck!