Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doing the bundle, will I have the eureka moment?

Im currently doing the LG bundle and im at PT8, right now most of the games are taking more than the target time and i dont get all the answers right for the most of them.. either i miss a rule, wrong gameboard and so on. Im kinda discouraged, will it eventually click.
PS: I am full proofing using Pacifico's method and my 2nd 3rd tries are way way better.

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

Im kinda discouraged, will it eventually click.

Yes, it will

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

It'll click and you won't even know when/where it happened.

Then you'll be finishing games early and going -0/-1 most of the time unless there is some unusually beast game.

I still do logic games over a year and a half later, I love them!

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Hi @"Positively LSAT Street" , I am foolproofing LGs right now and have been for the last month or so. It is so fun and you will see major improvements! Keep your head up and just keep drilling, BRing, watching video explanations, and re-drilling. I think this section is by far the most fun and LG was my worst section on my diagnostic.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited July 2019 2689 karma

Yep. Eventually, certain things just start clicking. You just start seeing how to lay the boards out.

I found that if you have multiple categories with unlimited pieces, a chart is your friend (Ex. Hotels R, T, and Y have different features: s,t,v,u,w,x. Each hotel will have at least one feature, and each feature will be used at least once. R and T do not share the same features, R and Y must share two of the same features, etc).

Limited number of pieces? Use lines over the categories. (Bob, Mary, Joe all learn languages. Two will learn Spanish, one will learn Russian, and two will learn French. Each one will learn at least one language). In this style, you count up your possible pieces (5 in the above scenario: 2xS, 1xR, 2xF), and think of how they could fit. You could have 1-1-3, or 2-2-1 combination of who learns what (not necessarily in that order). It will never be 1-1-2, because that doesn't equal five, nor will it be 3-3-2, because that is too many. Narrows the possibilities down a lot.

Categories and "in or out"? It's an in-out game first, with subcategories (Ex. 5 out of 8 cats will win prizes at the cat show. Each cat can be Siamese or American Shorthair, but not both. Each cat is either male or female. A male Siamese cat is third. Only 2 females get a prize. etc). Look at LSAT 2, Section 3, Game 4, or the infamous dinosaur toy game to see an example of this.

I can only say that setups seemed to click with practice and repetition. Certain words pop out at you. Number limitations or no limitations on the game pieces is a huge thing to consider. The idea that the group is divided (either "In or out" or "Location A, location B") is a huge hint that it's likely to be an in-out game with maybe some categories. If it's an equal number of pieces lined up in an equal number of slots, you'll be focusing on who comes before or after the other, and what can or can't be next to each other.

As far as rules.... always, always take an extra 20 seconds and review to make sure you got all the rules down. It's worth the time spent. Write your rules out, look over things, and then double check the whole thing carefully. If you don't have the rules or layout right, you are dooming yourself and speed won't matter because it will be wrong anyway. Get the rules down right at all costs!