Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using 7sage AND tutor

katherinestein24katherinestein24 Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 88 karma
I've signed up for the Premium plan and plan to study with 7sage (and other methods of self studying) for 6-7 months and then have a tutor for 3 months. I'll be taking the October 2015 test. I currently work at a top 3 NYC law firm as a paralegal, so I have long hours and a fairly unpredictable week. My plan is to leave work one day a week at 5:30 to study until 11 and then study on Sat/Sun each week.

Of course, I'm worried about burning out, but this elongated schedule is the only way I can see myself actually being able to get in enough time for studying.

A bit about what else will be in my application:

I gradated from a top 15 liberal arts school Summa Cum Laude with a 3.95 GPA, and I studied on a scholarship to Oxford for a year (my GPA was a bit lower at Oxford which will bring my overall down a tad). I have set myself up so that I have 0 concerns about getting in anywhere (great professor letters of rec, I'm a good writer, etc) based on all of that, but the LSAT is my kryptonite. I studied logic at Oxford and I still freak out when reviewing the test.

I'm dying to break 170. My eyes are set heavily on Stanford, but I also think UChicago, NYU, Berkeley, UMich would be good fits (obviously Yale and Harvard aren't out!)

Any and all advice is VERY welcome. Any advice from people with long schedules like this?

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    at that point you may not really need a tutor but thats all up to and what you think you need but that is also a far time away. I would say do what you can, go through the lessons and study a little after work everyday if you can, even if it is only for a little bit and make the absolute most out of the weekends. I would say to wake up, get a nice bit in, take a nice lunch break and hit it hard again. Avoid PT's (besides your diagnostic b4 prep if not taken already) until much later in prep and when you do finally start, start with the more lower PTs and work your way up