7Sage Podcast Episode #62 - 7Sage Tutor Scott - 168 To 180 LSAT

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited December 2021 in Podcasts 5740 karma

Episode #62 is here!

Subscribe to our podcast:
iTunes (Apple Podcasts) | Google Podcasts | SoundCloud

@"Scott Milam"

Comments

• This was a very useful podcast! Even though I am not a huge fan that there are almost never podcasts about tactics for simple mortals who would consider 160 a big accomplishment. But this podcast was fantastic and very helpful to an average joe like me haha=)

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1306 karma

@"Publiclydisplayedname-1" said:

Glad you enjoyed it!

Out of curiosity, what topics would you like to see in a podcast?

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    edited December 2021 1417 karma

Pastor Scott! This was a great, great podcast. I used to stray away from folks who score super high on their diagnostic since I felt and assumed there's absolutely nothing I can relate to with them, but this was very helpful to my surprise (not to assume I'm in a place of "evaluator" to begin with though.. lol).

The most helpful part was your discussion on how arguments/debates work in real time. I seldom debated, if ever, in my life since I hated conflict. But when you said "you have to identify a gap and a rebuttal quickly" (something like that lol), it gave me my eureka moment regarding the LSAT and debates in general.

I realized the LSAT/debate scene is similar to sports in a crucial way. Those who excel in sports are usually the most quick and accurate. Most sports, if not all, require speed or accuracy, usually both, and the athletes who execute this the best become the best. I was never the best in my sport but I finally related to the LSAT in terms of something I knew. They're both a test/skill of speed and accuracy. It sounds basic but it's illuminating! I'm so pumped up right now. Thank you x100!

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1306 karma

@lsat_sus said:
    Pastor Scott! This was a great, great podcast. I used to stray away from folks who score super high on their diagnostic since I felt and assumed there's absolutely nothing I can relate to with them, but this was very helpful to my surprise (not to assume I'm in a place of "evaluator" to begin with though.. lol).

The most helpful part was your discussion on how arguments/debates work in real time. I seldom debated, if ever, in my life since I hated conflict. But when you said "you have to identify a gap and a rebuttal quickly" (something like that lol), it gave me my eureka moment regarding the LSAT and debates in general.

I realized the LSAT/debate is similar to sports in a crucial way. Those who excel in sports are usually the most quick and accurate. Most sports, if not all, require speed or accuracy, usually both, and the athletes who execute this the best become the best. I was never the best in my sport but I finally related to the LSAT in terms of something I knew. They're both a test/skill of speed and accuracy. It sounds basic but it's illuminating! I'm so pumped up right now. Thank you x100!

I'm so glad you found it helpful! (Also fun to be called "Pastor Scott" again!) Let me know if I can ever be of assistance as you study!

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    edited December 2021 1417 karma

@"Scott Milam" said:
    I'm so glad you found it helpful! (Also fun to be called "Pastor Scott" again!) Let me know if I can ever be of assistance as you study!

haha! Thank you sir, and you're already so helpful to us :) Your comments on our discussions and overall vibe on the podcast/forum are outright immaculate. Watch me go BEAST mode on the Jan 2022 administration Pastor Scott! My future wife and kids are my prime motivations so you already know Ima get this done. GAME TIME baby! #7SageALLDAY.

• @"Scott Milam"
    I have listened to almost all of your podcasts, it is super helpful, but majority of them are oriented towards maximizing the score, so they are heavily oriented towards the top 10% of population of lsat takers. Even though JY manages to bring it back home to those of us who are aiming for 160, still I feel like maybe once in a while you can make a straight up podcast for people who need to learn how to skip questions they will not understand in the amount of time they have to prep for the test, how to manage study if you do not have 2 years to spend on it, how to arrange a personalized strategy for the test if your goal is 160. Stuff like that. Because there are a lot of very smart people here who are top of the crop, but the rest of the crop is silently watching too, so if I can speak on their behalf, I would love to hear more "average joe" tactics, who will never get minus 1 or 0 on any section in the amount of time they have to prepare for the lsat.