Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind reviewing an entire diagnostic test?

JWellcomeJWellcome Member
in General 95 karma

I am signed up for the LSAT on 21 September, 2019, and just completed an initial diagnostic test. I struggled to say the least, especially on the logical games section. I want to do the blind review method, but there were very few questions that I was 100 percent sure of. My question is this: should I go back and blind review the entire test, or should I save the blind review method until I have done more studying so I get more out of it?

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Why not? See what your initial blind review is and see how you grow. My first pt was rough, and the blind review was almost the same. A couple months later after doing the cc and studying, there was nearly a 10 point separation between my pt and my blind review. You can see how much you are learning and how much is just being under timed pressure.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

When you blind review try writing out explanations for the right and wrong answer choices when you can. Watch the explanations and see how the reasoning is different. You’re going to mislabel argument parts and have an incomplete understanding of a lot of questions early on and it’s helpful to compare your original written notes to the explanations so you don’t gloss over it. If you just watch the videos you might convince yourself you understand when you really don’t. I would start now with the diagnostic and never score a PT, section, game, RC passage, or LR practice set without BR.

• JWellcomeJWellcome Member
    95 karma

Okay thanks for the help! I'm going to just review every question on the test and go from there.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I just want to underscore what @drbrown2 said because I made that mistake. I would BR questions and get to a point that I was very sure about the correct and incorrect answer choices, but it was all mental notes. Then I would go into the videos for those questions. It is surprisingly easy to tell yourself "oh yeah, I saw that point I just wasn't really articulating it the same way." Writing out explanations is a very good way to keep yourself accountable and to attempt to root out any errors or gaps in your understanding, and it is going to be patching those little errors that really will help you to boost your score quickly.