Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Application Process

mmumfordmmumford Member
edited July 2019 in General 31 karma

Can someone explain to me the process of requesting transcripts? If I took advanced placement classes in high school in which I received college credit, do I need to send in my high school transcripts through CAS? What about community college if I didn't actually attend the school, just took a course through my high school?

Comments

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

if you took AP classes they should already show up on your undergrad transcript

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

On my undergrad transcripts- the AP courses showed up. Yes, if you took courses at a community college or any institution, I believe that those transcripts are also required. I think LSAC also has a specific transcript request form which the school needs to send with your official transcript. I'm not too sure about that but just an FYI!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@Hopeful9812 said:
    On my undergrad transcripts- the AP courses showed up. Yes, if you took courses at a community college or any institution, I believe that those transcripts are also required. I think LSAC also has a specific transcript request form which the school needs to send with your official transcript. I'm not too sure about that but just an FYI!

Yes. Lsac will want any and all transcripts from every school you attended, even a trade school. They may not use it to calculate, but they want it anyway.
    When you pay to get your transcripts sent, you will need to include in your order the lsac request sheet. It's just a barcoded cover letter than needs to be sent in with your transcripts, and is signed by you, the person asking for the transcripts. In Parchment, they have an area where you can upload a file for a cover sheet. Print the sheet from lsac, sign it, scan it as a PDF, and upload it to Parchment or whatever company is handling your transcripts.
    I think it would still.work of you forgot the cover sheet, but without it, it might take forever to process. With cover sheet, I have had updated transcripts processed in like one business day by lsac.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

From the lsac page on transcripts:
    "How to Access Your Transcript Request Forms
    To generate your Transcript Request Forms, follow these steps:

On your homepage, click the Add or Submit Institutions link found beneath the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) heading.
    For any institutions that are already listed, click Edit to complete your information.
    Add any additional institutions that you have attended.
    Once you have entered all of your institution information, scroll down to the bottom of the My Institutions Attended page and click Continue.
    Review your information to ensure that it is accurate. Then hit Confirm.
    Visit the Transcripts page of your account. A Transcript Request Form link will be listed below each institution. Click these links to access your forms. (It may take a few minutes for the forms to generate in your account.)"