Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for the Short Term?

KatasticKatastic Alum Member
in July 2019 LSAT 190 karma

Hi 7sage community.

Question - do I do a full practice test under timed conditions with BR or just practice timed sections individually with BR before Monday? Or forego timed practice until after Monday and hit it hard for the fall date?

A brief background on where I am at:

I sat for March test after beginning studies with Kaplan books in January. Bombed the LG section (went at least -17) but got a 155, which was my PT average going into the test. I did 6 or 7 full (5 section and writing) practice tests leading up to March so I am familiar with the format, the "sprint", resetting my watch to the 12 between sections, bubbling in to not leave points on the table if time is low, and some of those little tricks.

Between March and June I had to catch up at work with projects I had left on the backburner from the beginning of the year (I work around 50 hours a week). I began the 7sage CC in earnest at the beginning of June. I haven't done it all, but I've been through every subsection for at least some of it. I spent the bulk of my time firming up my foundational and advanced logic skills (immensely helpful).

I'm sitting on Monday and haven't done a PT since March. Should I practice the whole thing or just practice each section, timed with BR? I am taking the rest of the week off and will let my brain rest Saturday and Sunday.

Also worried about what a low PT score will do to confidence heading into the test on Monday.......................... and even considering skipping timed practice for now.

I am fully committed to a LOT of PT and BR between Monday and the September or October test. Definitely doing one of those which will be my final attempt.

Lastly, I am accepted for fall 2020 at my top choice (local public school) so I am just trying to raise my score for financial aid purposes. This year's incoming 1L class had a median score of 157.

THANK YOU!
Kat

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Congratulations on your acceptance! Did they specifically tell you that you needed a 157, or did they just say to raise it, or are you hoping to come to them with a higher score for negotiations?

At this point, it's getting pretty close to test date to be PTing. If you decide to go for it, I would do it today or tomorrow so that you have plenty of time to mentally recharge and rest. If I were you, I would go ahead and do one I think. Maybe not even the whole five sections with writing, but definitely four timed sections. Good luck!

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

Thanks girlie. I sat for four sections yesterday and BRd the LR. Sitting down to score / foolproof LG.