Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW RC Tutorial needed

tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
in General 125 karma

So, My request is that someone should do a new tutorial on how to approach the RC in digital form. Looking at Khan academy exams and 7sage beta, we know that we are using highlighting. But how do we utilize the memory method onto digital exams as we can't write little notes anymore. From Last yr or so, I am practicing for paper exam and suddenly there is digital form which completely throws me off when it came to RC. I hope there is a new tutorial on RC on how to best highlight the reading material.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

You'll have scratch paper you can use for writing notes if needed.

For highlighting, I use it in a way that is a bit counterintuitive to many people at first. Instead of highlighting the big important stuff, I highlight the little nit-picky things. Why? Because I remember the big important stuff, and I don't need to place emphasis on the things I'm definitely going to remember. If I can't recall the big important stuff, then I have simply failed to comprehend the passage in which case there's just no way to be successful in the questions. The little nit-picky details, however, are things that are not essential to the big picture understanding and which I'm likely to not exactly recall. They can become really important though, and so the act of highlighting serves as both a mental highlight as well as a potential reference point.

I've decided I'm just going to be using a single color with no underlining. The switching back and forth breaks removes me from the passage and prevents me from becoming really absorbed in the material.

Hope this gives you something to go on!

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

If you have time to switch methods, you could try not annotation/highlighting at all and just memorizing a short summary of each paragraph as you go. Digital has forced me not to annotate and I am getting more right and moving quicker. Even now when I switch to paper, I don't annotate.

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@zacharytsmith26 said:
    If you have time to switch methods, you could try not annotation/highlighting at all and just memorizing a short summary of each paragraph as you go. Digital has forced me not to annotate and I am getting more right and moving quicker. Even now when I switch to paper, I don't annotate.

I never have and never will take the Digital LSAT, but I had a similar experience when I switched to a no-annotating style on the paper LSAT.