Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September vs October LSAT 2019

aliciabaliciab Alum Member

Hi all!
I'm currently studying to take the September or October LSAT. I need advice on which one is better to take! I am a senior in college and trying to study. I am not scoring where I want to right now, but I know I have about 8 or 9 weeks until the September LSAT. My thought process is that if I take the Sept LSAT, and don't perform as well as I want, I have can take the November LSAT. Which one do you think I should go with?

Thanks for all the help :)

Comments

• Zeke21HeEatinZeke21HeEatin Alum Member
    38 karma

I’m in the same position and decided to push it back to October. I don’t wanna go in feeling like I could’ve used the extra month of studying and/or having it in my mind that "oh, I can just retake it." While that is true - and I’m not saying it’s bad to retake it - ideally, you only take it once. Also, I think having that in your mind can be detrimental to your studying process because it could lead you to not put in all the work necessary for the score you want the first time around. I’m not saying that’s what you’re doing, it’s just something I’ve read and have heard from a couple of people.

Granted, I don’t know that we’ll ever have the feeling of "I’m 100% certain that I’m ready to take it," but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pushing it back a bit and giving yourself some more time to perfect your strategy and/or improve trouble areas. Which is what I’ve decided to do.