Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking the LSAT

ledesmacnicoleledesmacnicole Alum Member
in General 8 karma

Hi! I took the June 5th test and got a 159, I was averaging around a 163. My testing center was horrible and the proctors were talking next to me during my test. As I left the test I knew I had to retake no matter what.

I signed up for the July 15th test but I took a 3 week break and then couldnt get back up to my regular above 160 scores. So I withdrew and didnt take the test. The fact that I couldnt bring my score back up made me think that I have to review foundational information.

I want to take the test again, and think that I need about a month and a half rest. The course I was using before was really intensive and burnt me out. That being said, I also work full-time and would like to get a 165 or above if I retake. I think i have an OK foundational knowledge but would want to revisit material.

How do I know which test to aim for and which 7sage package to use? Should I combine this with any of the Power Score bibles?

How long does it take to get through 7sage’s lessons/course material? Is it written or in videos? Because if its in text I’ll have more opportunities to read the material, on the way to work and etc.

I’d like to apply to law school this year and am willing to take a 2 month break from work if that means I could take the October test. Thank you very much!

Comments

• johnwashere31johnwashere31 Free Trial Member
    edited July 2019 41 karma

I would recommend taking the October test since you had that 3 week break and it sounds like you might need the extra time to get back up to where you were scoring before. Although the exam isn't disclosed and you won't be able to see where you messed up, it is at 12:30PM which is a plus if you're not a morning person.

Don't worry about rushing to apply to law school, it isn't going anywhere. Focus on getting the highest score possible and postpone until next cycle if necessary.

I can't attest to the 7sage materials besides their free logic games which are good, but I used the Powerscore Bibles + workbooks, as well as lsathacks.com and ManhattanPrep forums for free test question explanations.

Bummer that you didn't take the July one though because they will let you see your score before deciding whether or not to cancel it and you get a free retake if you do cancel.