Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to start taking timed sections/tests

KeetaKayKeetaKay Alum Member
edited July 2019 in Logical Reasoning 11 karma

I am scheduled to take the November LSAT and need advice on when I should start taking timed sections. I get majority of the questions right without the time constraint but as soon as I try to take a timed section I psych myself out. Also, how many PT's should I be taking starting now up until November?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would start as soon as you're done with the CC. You can do the timed section, make a note of where you ran out of time, and then still finish the section and write down how much you go over on time. That way you're still using all of the material and increasing your stamina, and by noting how far you got in 35 minutes you can estimate where your score is at.

• axjxmarvelaxjxmarvel Alum Member
    158 karma

I agree with the poster above on timed sections.

The amount of full PTs you take between now and November will vary depending on your schedule and burnout rate. If you work full-time or have other obligations, you may find that 1-2 PTs per week is right for you. If you can take PTs during the week, then I'd suggest 2-3. Some like to do more than that, but 1) I find that increases the likelihood that you burn out, and 2) it doesn't give you a sufficient amount of time to blind review, carefully analyze your weaknesses for each PT and then study/drill to address specific weaknesses (i.e. question types, or timing, or even sections). You need to problem solve for weaknesses between PTs to avoid plateaus.