Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 2019 digital takers: what tablet was used?

I'm planning on writing in November after the LSAT goes fully digital and I was curious about what kind of tablet LSAC provided. Was the screen resolution quality good? Was the tablet attached to a desk or were you able to move it around? Did you have any problems during the test (technical or comfort related)?

Thanks!

Comments

• tpmeade24tpmeade24 Core Member
    49 karma

The test was given on a Microsoft Surface Go tablet. No, it's not connected to anything, and has an adjustable stand on the back. Overall they're nice tablets (ours were brand new - but I assume they'll continue to reuse the same tablets for subsequent tests.)

I actually had a minor screen-response issue (a small section along the edge was unresponsive to touch) but I told them prior to the start of the test and they quickly replaced it. Apart from that the Surface Go is a decent tablet with good resolution (though that doesn't factor in too much given the basic visual format.)

I found the tablet was easier and generally faster than pencil and paper - BUT make sure you get a testing center with larger desks. It's a huge pain trying to balance the tablet and other materials on a tiny desk surface while testing, and I actually dropped mine in the middle of the LG section as a result, which totally shook my focus. Apart from that it's not bad at all.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Tablet had excellent resolution and different options of text size and colors at the beginning. I had it in greyscale for most of the test. I think that helped me a bit with eye fatigue; even the highlighters were shades of grey. Propping it up using the little back prop that's built in was way handy. I was able to work around the glare from ceiling lights that way. You can move your tablet around as you please within your space, but you can't raise the tablet up more than 30 degrees (or 3 inches tall, my proctors said), nor can you put it in your lap. It has to remain on the desk.