Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score cancellation advice

mirapatel314mirapatel314 Alum Member

Hey guys!
So I took the LSAT in June 2019 and scored a 165. I took it again in July to see if I could go any higher, but I scored a 165 again. Would it look worse for me to keep it or to cancel the score? Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

1 cancel doesn’t matter, especially for the July test. Take it again and score higher if you can then it really won’t matter.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If you want to retake, I would cancel just for the free retake. If you're not going to retake, I would keep it. Schools might see that you've cancelled and assume that it's because you scored lower than the first time (since they know that we got to see our scores before we decide). All in all though it's not going to make hardly any difference either way.

• mirapatel314mirapatel314 Alum Member
    7 karma

Thank you for the advice! This was my third time taking it so I don't plan to retake it again. I appreciate the help.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Honestly, don't cancel!

Gee, I was debating to cancel with a 154 haha.

A 165 is a GREAT score -- I guess you are aiming for a T14? Just keep working at it, you are doing awesome. If you cancel, the admission councils can infer what they want about the cancellation. If anything, you keep trying and retaking shows a lot of persistance. And you by no means have a bad score! So, keep at it. You are doing fantastic.