Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking again in November for scholarship money?

adkrolltideadkrolltide Member
edited September 2019 in General 18 karma

I am taking the September LSAT and with my current PT scores, I am in the range to be accepted into the schools i want. I started studying pretty late and am very busy with undergrad and work and wanted to retake in November, in hopes of a higher score, for scholarship money. Suggestions/thoughts?
edit: I would apply on October with my Sept LSAT score and then resubmit scores after November.

Comments

• kaikdamekaikdame Core Member
    77 karma

I'd register for November regardless. Something could happen on test day that's not in your control & test centers are already filling up. I'd also push for a higher score for the scholarships, but you should consider how much time you'll really have to study and how much you can realistically raise your score between those tests. It also depends on the schools' 75th percentiles & 509 reports. I'd check those out to determine what your "scholarship target score" would be.

If you do get a score you're happy with in Sept. you could withdraw from/cancel the November test.

I'm pretty sure schools won't fully consider your application if you're registered for an LSAT date that's later than the date you submit the app. I believe they want to see a final score. ***I could be wrong, but this is also something to consider!

• Shane C.Shane C. Alum Member
    131 karma

Following this post