Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for Improving RC+LR: Scored 165 in June- Retaking in Nov

25Seamus25Seamus Member
edited August 2018 in General 93 karma

Hello,

I scored a 165 on the June 2018 LSAT and at first was happy to pair that with my 3.94, but then realized the difference even just 3 points higher could make. Hence, I'm retaking in November and was hoping someone might be able to provide some pointers with improving RC & LR score. To explain my situation and provide context:

Started studying in January for June 2018 LSAT. Out of college- work full-time so limited time to study each week.
Read, annotated, and reviewed Powerscore Bibles. After reading the Bibles and taking my first PT, I hit 162
I then focused for a whole month on drilling LG with 7Sage and consistently started to hit -0/1. I LOVED 7Sage's method for attacking LGs.
After mastering LG and then isolating the LR Question Types that I kept missing (Flaw of Reasoning+PR Qs), I started to hit 169 regularly from May-June on practice tests.
Come June 2018 LSAT, I scored a 165. I bombed the Scientific Reading passage and ran out of time on the Comparative Reading passage. Also, on each LR section two of the problems I missed were one of the first six problems. Interestingly, I never miss a problem in the 20s.

Any advice for improving on RC and those early LR questions? Any strategies that work for you particularly well?

My path to success, as I see it, is to get RC down to -2, keep LG down to -0/-1, and get each LR section down to -3 then I'm golden. My goal score would be 169. Thank you in advance for the advice! I really appreciate it and good luck in destroying the LSAT!

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

If you haven't already, film yourself taking a PT and check your timing. You might just be having some issues with overconfidence. The LSAT loves to put trap answer choices in the first 10 questions. It might be an easy question but if you misread a single word, a certain answer choice is perfect. You probably won't question yourself before the end of the section but when you review you'll see that it was a simple misreading.

• 25Seamus25Seamus Member
    93 karma

Thanks so much, @Ohnoeshalpme! I appreciate the response!