Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I foolproof LG before starting timed PTs?

itsemmarobynitsemmarobyn Member
in General 272 karma

Hey friends, I'm writing in November and am almost through the CC. I've been seeing lots of improvement on the LG (generally 1 or 2m over the target time and -1 for each set), but I haven't foolproofed them yet.

How would you recommend that I best go about foolproofing to maximize the time I have left before the exam? Should I foolproof the games in the CC problem sets and/or all games from PT20-35 before starting to do timed PTs?

Any advice/experience is welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@itsemmarobyn Accuracy and comfortability lead to speed, not the other way around. So yes I would suggest you foolproof to the point where you know exactly what type of game and setup you will be using midway through the prompt. If you finish reading and don't know whether its an in and out game or sequencing or grouping then you should definitely be fool-proofing. However, fool-proofing only helped me marginally, what helped me the most was doing it my way and through logic rather than relying on memory recall through repetition. You need to get to a point where your'e so comfortable with all the games that none of them phase you, and your'e able to see the answer in some questions without even looking at your game board. Im at that point and I don't miss any questions on LG with the very rare exception of maybe 1 question that was due to inaccurate reading on my end. Overall I believe that getting familiar with all the game board patterns and thus becoming comfortable arranging and rearranging with different worlds and whatnot is the key to acing that section.