Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hit my goal score...should I consider November?

danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
in General 531 karma

Hi folks, on my past two PTs I met, then exceeded, my target score. For context, I got a 173 on the first and a 175 on the second, both taken under realistic conditions. This increase comes after a plateau at around 169. Clearly, these two data points are not, by themselves, evidence for any change of timing. I have been planning to take around January. However, I can take quite a few PTs between now and November. Should I consider trying to sign up for the November administration, taking 2 PTs a week up until then? Also for context, once I am done with the LSAT, I have to start preparing for the GRE. I would appreciate any input!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would say yes, if you are planning on applying this cycle

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

@MissChanandler I am planning on applying next cycle. Does that change things?

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited September 2019 917 karma

If you are applying next cycle, I would wait until you consistently score around your target then take the test.

• RavinderRavinder Alum Member
    869 karma

I would recommend you take the test once you are consistently scoring 2-4 points above your target score as most people, including me, drop by at least that much on actual test day. I got 177 on the June test this year but last year I got 162 when at home I was averaging 169. I decided to not apply last cycle and only took the test when I was consistently scoring 178-179 with very little variance. I learned from my mistakes from last year and studied only 3 months before the June test but made a big improvement by focusing on quality vs quantity and only did about 10 PTs. You can message me if you want more detail on what I learned helped me.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

There's really no rush to take it sooner if you aren't applying this cycle, other than needing to study for the GRE