Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Score Addendum

Hi 7sage Community,

Unfortunately the LSAT has not gone as planned for me. My first write I got 153 and my second write I got a 161. My question to the community is whether I should be writing an addendum in my application for my first score. The reason for my low performance was test anxiety and my mom was going through a serious illness which was a distraction (albeit I was experiencing both of these things during both writes).

I am applying to 2 Canadian schools and for one of the schools they explicitly say on their website that they review your top score only. For this school my 161 would be slightly above the median posted online. For the other school I am applying to my LSAT score would be 25% percentile or lower (median score ranges from 165-167) and they say that they look at all scores but give highest weight to top score.

The section in my application where I can address my lower score also allows for a diversity statement which I feel might be more beneficial to my application.

My questions specifically are as follows:

1. Do I write an LSAT score addendum for the school that I think it is likely I will get in to? Do I write an LSAT score addendum for the school I am a lot less likely to get in to?
  2. If I wrote an LSAT score addendum I would feel awkward citing my mom's illness and anxiety as my reasons for poor performance. While its true, there is a moral aspect to it I don't really like (regarding my mom's illness). Thoughts?
  3. Would that space in my application be better optimized with a diversity statement?

I have a CGPA in the 3.7-3.8 range with strong extra curriculars and work experience. Thank you! #help

Comments

• duribakhan98duribakhan98 Member
    14 karma

I wrote an addendum, and I thought it was a good idea! Addendums are usually short and sweet so just explain concisely and you should be good.