Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recent Test Observations

zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
edited October 2019 in General 849 karma

I did not take the September test but I did take the July undisclosed test and have done the late 80s tests. I feel like some of the old school elements are starting to reappear so the older test may be more important than they used to be and especially since I here that the recent test logic games had a circle game and a misc game.

On some of the late 80s test, I have noticed a bit of a resurgence in lawgic that dissipated in the 50s 60s and 70s. Also, reading comprehension, I think they have brought back the old trick of making the 2nd passage the hardest or at least be open that this might be the case. So if the 2nd passage seems insanely hard, don't let it throw you. And from what I am hearing, September logic games were difficult, and it sounds like the logic games are reminiscent the 20s, especially late 20s.

Also, they brought back the misc. game in the late 70s early 80s but wasn't on 87 or July but I think people said there was one on 88.

There is also the annoying trend on parallel reasoning where all the answer choices are on the same topic, I don't know when this started but I fear it's not going away.

Anybody notice anything?

Comments

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

I took 39 Prep Tests prior to June and another 6 between then and September. I did almost all of the new ones and a lot of the older ones.
    Nothing prepared me for the Sep LG section. I recall taking a few Prep Tests with one insanely hard game but to have two in one section? Ugggg.
    Between June and September's exams my experience is that each had one section that was significantly harder than the other three. In June it was RC.

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:
    I took 39 Prep Tests prior to June and another 6 between then and September. I did almost all of the new ones and a lot of the older ones.
    Nothing prepared me for the Sep LG section. I recall taking a few Prep Tests with one insanely hard game but to have two in one section? Ugggg.
    Between June and September's exams my experience is that each had one section that was significantly harder than the other three. In June it was RC.

I keep hearing this about that logic games which is why I am really frustrated that it is not being released before the October test. Are there any games you can think of that remind of the hard games on the sept test?

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

I remember having some trouble with PT 69's LG section but even that can't hold a candle to Sep. We're talking 3 time-wasters - 2 of which are high difficulty - and a basic 4th game. I never practiced to bounce between games but going from game 1 to 2 to 4 and back to 3 would have helped my score during Sep.