Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stupid Errors

adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
edited January 2015 in Logical Reasoning 191 karma
Anyone else find they are making stupid mistakes on Logical Reasoning...?
I usually score between -6 to -8 on these sections when I do them timed.

Once I complete a Logical Reasoning section I re-print the section and do all the questions un-timed as Blind Review, without looking at the answer choices I circled before. (I still do the questions fairly quickly)

I find that when I go over them a second time, I only get 3-4 wrong... Does anyone else have this problem?
Any steps I can take to get these right on the first attempt? There seems to be no pattern as to the questions types that I am missing.

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Have you done a lot of drilling?
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I haven't done a prep test since December, but this was the case for me as well. What I can suggest is to drill question types. I know you say that there is no pattern, but the best way to enhance your score, I think, would be to try and identify which ones are not the best questions for you and to drill Cambridge packages. Even if it means shaving a little time off of those questions so you can get to others, I think it would help!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. The thing is that there might be a pattern to the questions that you're missing that you're not seeing. For instance, I don't miss main conclusion questions often but I did realize that I miss main conclusion questions when the structure of the stimulus goes: premise - main conclusion - intermediary premise - intermediary conclusion.

My point is there might be an underlying structural reason that makes it so that you trip up on certain stimuli, regardless of question stem.

Otherwise, I would recommend what others are saying and drill packets. Perhaps it's an exposure problem.
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    Well the problem is now that I pretty much depleted all the LSATs.
    I've done all the drills on here, as well as the drills in LR Encyclopedia by Nathan Fox
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    In that case, go back through and revisit material you've seen before or complete earlier tests. Also, I would time your blind review (stopwatch, not alarm). If you notice that the blind review takes you an additional 10+ minutes, that might mean you have to find a technique that ensures your accuracy like on BR but is more time-efficient.
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    Thanks for the advice everyone!