Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips to avoid bubbling errors?

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited November 2014 in General 1049 karma
Hi All

Just made a mistake on a PT that cost me a personal best score - because I switched the choices when bubbling.

I'm already pretty vigilant and I do bubble in groups.

Any tips to avoid bubbling errors?

Comments

• _FIDELIO__FIDELIO_ Alum Member
    98 karma
    Well for one, when doing logic games I would circle the correct answers and then after you've played that particular game transfer all the answers over to the scantron. For LR and RC I transfer over after every question.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Definitely circle answers on your test booklet. It may slow you down a few fractions of a second, but if you do mess up your bubbling, you can quickly go back and find where you got lost and correct the error.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    I do circle on test booklet already. I bubble in groups (by game, passage, and 1-2 pages for LR).

I realize this specific instance was bubbling by group in RC...

When I bubble in groups instead of doing it one-by-one within that group, I'll quickly memorize the letters ie A, C, E, B, D... and then bubble them from that quick memory.

What happened in this instance was I reversed the last 2 letters from memory ie instead of B, D... I switched it to D, B.

I think the solution is to either double check directly after each group or ... within that group do it one-by-one (this 2nd option will take slightly longer, but it's still quicker than pure one-by-one and will help for accuracy within grouping).
  • chinobonitochinobonito Member
    105 karma
    i have experienced the same problem. i think in order to save time and increase accuracy..in addition to circling the answer on your test booklet, i would visually line my answer sheet and pencil over to make sure im on the right line, and repeat in my head 9 is B, and then mark it
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Thanks - What do you mean by visually line your answer sheet over?