Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-Applying Personal Statement

Hi 7Sage Community!
Looking for some advice. I am reapplying to my top choice law school. I was waitlisted last cycle and then eventually rejected. I will be retaking the LSAT this coming Monday and have since entered a legal internship as well as started a new position with more responsibility at work. I had a pretty substantial personal statement that highlighted my leadership experience and work experience in undergrad, I'm now wondering how I can craft or update my personal statement for this cycle. Any advice is gladly welcome, thank you in advance!

Comments

• Anonymouse-1Anonymouse-1 Alum Member
    edited October 2019 189 karma

I am in a eerily similar situation... Having gone to the LSAC forum and personally asked the school in question about this, it seems that the appropriate step is CERTAINLY write something NEW but also, let them know what you have been up to. What impactful events have occurred since you last applied? Law schools keep your old records on file, so enhance it. No need to replace or reproduce!