Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT personal best and some thoughts.

RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
edited October 2019 in General 1094 karma

Today I had my third "breakthrough" score and highest Prep Test to date. Earlier this week I scored 170 on PT 86 and this morning I scored 177 on PT 75. The only thing I did differently was skip every question type in LR I knew I would struggle with. At the end of both LR sections I had flagged three questions and had over ten minutes to think through them. This led to -1 for each section. Needless to say, I am now a believer in this strategy.
I usually miss -1/-3 on one LR section and -3/-5 on the other so having -2 through two sections feels really good. Also, I cleaned 23/23 on Logic Games which is rewarding because I practiced about 15 hours on fool-proofing this week. If you don't fool-proof; you need this in your life!
Finally for RC. This one has been the hardest to improve over the last 11 months but I've gone from a -11 average to -3. Today I missed 2. The method I use in RC is similar to the basic translation drill for LR stimuli. For each paragraph pause at the end and summarize what it means before moving on. After each subsequent paragraph, think about how it functions in the context of the passage.
7Sage works. I was stuck in the mid / high 160's back when I started. This is the best community to learn LSAT with and JYs methods are superior. I'm very excited about November after a disappointing September.

Comments

• Shane C.Shane C. Alum Member
    131 karma

In the same boat with you here. Let us not allow September to drag us down! Here we go November!