Problems with digital tester highlight function & text size/wrapping

Has anyone else had technical issues with the highlight function and text size/wrapping when taking PTs using the Digital Tester lately? The Digitial Tester used to work flawlessly for me, but about the time my iPad Air (3rd Gen.) updated to iOS13, I started having the following issues:
- I can select the highlight and underline tools, but when I try to highlight/underline actual text, nothing happens.
- The text for stimuli and and question stems/answer choices in LR often appear as different sizes regardless of what text size I've selected (e.g., extra small for stimulus but medium for stem/answers).
- For longer answer choices, the last few words in a line will often wrap down to the next line and then back up repeatedly--this makes it very difficult to read.

For reference, I am using an iPad Air (3rd Gen.) running iOS 13.1.3. I've tried running the Tester on both Safari and Chrome, but it doesn't make a difference. Likewise, force refreshing and clearing the browser's cache didn't help either. Again, the Tester used to work flawlessly and the only thing I can really think of that might have changes on my end was a software update. Aside from that, I am completely stumped, so I am curious to know if anyone has found a work-around for this problem (aside from using another device).

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi there,

I'm sorry about the issues you're having. Thanks for providing the information. We will look into it and get back to you.

In the meantime, please check to ensure that you're using the latest version of the 7Sage app (Version 2.1.3). Also, can you try deleting and reinstalling the 7Sage app?

Let me know if that works. Thanks!

• CAS_8787CAS_8787 Member
    16 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" said:
    Hi there,

I'm sorry about the issues you're having. Thanks for providing the information. We will look into it and get back to you.

In the meantime, please check to ensure that you're using the latest version of the 7Sage app (Version 2.1.3). Also, can you try deleting and reinstalling the 7Sage app?

Thanks for the suggestion to delete and reinstall the 7Sage app! I tried that and the highlight/underline function now works again! I also haven't seen the resizing/text wrap problem either. Granted, the text issues only plagued some of the questions (I don't remember exactly which) and I haven't had a chance to tackle a full PT-worth of LR questions since reinstalling the app, but so far so good! Thank you for your help!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@Caro_878 said:

@"Juliet --Student Service--" said:
    Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion to delete and reinstall the 7Sage app! I tried that and the highlight/underline function now works again! I also haven't seen the resizing/text wrap problem either. Granted, the text issues only plagued some of the questions (I don't remember exactly which) and I haven't had a chance to tackle a full PT-worth of LR questions since reinstalling the app, but so far so good! Thank you for your help!

Hi there,

You're welcome. If you run into any problems, feel free to reach out!