Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake LSAT or Reapply?

malcolm.c.lloydmalcolm.c.lloyd Alum Member
in General 7 karma

Would love everyone's input and help! I have taken the lsat twice, 148 first, and 153 second. My cum gpa is 3.1, while my major gpa was 3.6. I got into Rutgers and wait-listed at Northeastern last cycle, denied from schools in top 20. I have a strong record of public interest work at a public defenders office, where I've worked since college. Do I reapply early before December (if it would help my chances), improving everything but my LSAT, or wait to January, take the LSAT, and apply at the final deadline (worried with my numbers that this would hurt me)? I work fulltime and need to ensure I have the enough study time to improve over 5 points, and hopefully score in the 160s. Goal schools are BC/BU. Please help!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Honestly, to go from a 153 to 160 is not a huge jump. Depending on your section breakdown, it can happen quickly. is there no way you can apply next year? First, if you are adamant on applying this year I would just apply now. However, ideally, youd want to apply next year and focus on improving your lsat score. Going from 153-160s is a huge jump and totally changes your admission chances. Not to mention the huge scholarship money. If you are going to apply this year though, just do it now. January is pretty late and you are working full time so idk how much time you will have to commit and study. You also already have 2 scores on file.

• maxbbarb7maxbbarb7 Alum Member
    182 karma

Hey, I think that you should retake and apply next year! Just keep working at it, and slowly but surely you will see results. I think you have a lot of room for improvement! Some people just need more time to study than others, like myself. I think by next summer (June and September test) you will definitely have a had enough time to improve your scores to the 160's. You can apply early next fall and give yourself a better shot at your goal schools. It is up to you on what you want to do, but I really do think you can improve your scores if you keep working at it. The LSAT is learnable